Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hospital Stay - Days 1-3


We stayed in the hospital for three days after Lewis was born. After surgery, I was feeling great, but when the pain killers wore off about 24 hours after delivery, I needed some time to recover.
Night one was pretty rough. Nurses checked on both Lewis and me about every hour, machines beeped constantly and I was hooked up to uncomfortable IVs. Not to mention that Mark and I were just getting used to Lewis and what he needed! Mark and I got about an hour of sleep, but we were on such a high, it didn't matter!

The nights have gotten progressively better as we learn more about Lewis and what he needs and I gain strength. By night three we had learned about two things that really saved us: a pacifier and burping :)

Our days at the hospital seemed to go by fast with checkups from doctors and nurses and lots of time with family and friends.
By Saturday morning, we were ready to leave and both Mom and baby were discharged with a clean bill of health.


No comments:

Post a Comment